Micromax has been releasing great budget Android phones these days and Micromax Canvas HD A116 is one them. Packed with Quad core Cortex-A7 1.2GHz processor, Mediatek MT6589 chipset, 8 Mega-pixel camera with 720p video recording and 2MP front camera, IPS LCD touchscreen and 4GB of internet memory with SD card support. Also it comes with 1GB of RAM. Coming back to original topic, we are going to share tutorial on How to Root Micromax Canvas HD A116.
There are many benefits of rooting Canvas like after rooting your phone you will be able to install Custom ROMs and MODs on your phone.
- First of all you need to have your mobile phone charged. It should have atleast 80% charge remaining.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone from Settings –> Manage Applications –> Development –> USB Debugging.
- The most important one: Back up all your important data like contacts, SMS, emails etc.
- Download the latest USB Drivers for your Android Device from manufacturer official website.
How to Root Micromax Canvas HD A116
To proceed with rooting Canvas HD A116 guide, start following the steps below:
- Download Bin4ry Rooting Tool from XDA and extract it to your desktop.
- Now connect your device to your computer via USB Cable. When your device is recognized by your PC, open the extracted folder and double click on “RunMe.bat” file. It will open command prompt window with few options on screen.
- Select “Normal Mode” by touch “1” on your device and then press Enter o your keyword.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with rooting procedure.
- Now you will see that few files will be copied to your Canvas HD A116 by this utility and then your device will reboot automatically.
- When your device is rebooted, check if Superuser SU app is present in the app drawer on your phone. If it is there, then it means your device is successfully rooted.
- Congrats you are done.