Due to unexpected release of iOS 7 jailbreak, Cydia wasn’t updated to match iOS 7. But wait you can Change Cydia Icon on iOS 7 with this little trick.
Though Saurik (Cydia Founder) worked very hard and updated Cydia for iOS 7 but still it misses the iOS 7 icon look. Though it doesn’t look that bad but still those who want to match the icon of Cydia with that iOS 7 have got good news. You can Change Cydia Icon on iOS 7 running jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with this little workaround.
How to Change Cydia Icon on iOS 7
Follow the steps below to learn how to change the Cydia icon on iPhone in iOS 7. Since this tutorial is about playing with your iPhone root files, so be careful. We recommend you to once go through each step carefully before you start implementing it on your jailbroken iDevice. Also make a backup of all your data on iTunes or iCloud.
- First of all install iFile on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. (iFile for iOS 7).
- Download iOS 7 Cydia icon from here.
- Once it is downloaded, tap on it to extract it in iFile.
- Now touch the “Edit” button and select “firstname.lastname@example.org” file.
- Cut it to get into your iDevice clipboard.
- Now navigate to Applications/Cydia app in iFile app and paste the .png file you have selected in previous step.
- If it asks for overwrite then confirm it.
- Done. We recommend to restart your iPhone after following the above steps.
Now go back to your jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch homescreen, you will see iOS 7 like Cydia logo there. You can use the above steps to change icon of any app in iOS 7. Let us know below if you were able to Change Cydia Icon on iOS 7 using our instructions.