Yesterday Apple released iOS 7.1 Final version for all iOS 7 compatible iDevices. So if you want to have a jailbroken device but have updated your iDevice to iOS 7.1, then the only way left for you is to downgrade your iPhone, iPad or iPod from iOS 7.1 to iOS 7, or iOS 7.0.x.
Apple added lot of new features and improvements to iOS 7.1 which includes the most awaited CarPlay feature, improvement in Siri, improved performance for iPhone 4S and older devices, automatic HDR for iPhone 5S and some changes in user interface. Also Apple has improved the speed of latest iOS a lot which is good news for iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 owners.
If you have jailbroken your device on iOS 7 using Evasi0n and now you have updated it to iOS 7.1, then you have lost your jailbreak. Unfortunately iOS 7.1 untethered jailbreak is not out yet by any jailbreak team. So now if you want to regain the jailbreak status, you need to downgrade your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch from iOS 7.1 to iOS 7 or iOS 7.0.x. No worries, we have covered a detailed guide on this below.
How to Downgrade from iOS 7.1 to iOS 7, 7.0.x
Before we proceed, you need to have below requirements fulfilled.
- Saved SHSH blobs. If you haven’t yet saved them then open Cydia app and tap on show available SHSH caches on server to download them.
- Latest version of iTunes.
- Download iFaith
- Download iOS 7.0.5 IPSW file for your iDevice.
When you are done with all above files, you can safely follow the steps below to downgrade from iOS 7.1 to iOS 7.0.x.
- Start iFaith.
- Click on “Build “*signed* IPSW w / Blobs”.
- Now you will need to select the SHSH blobs and then the firmware files you have downloaded.
- iFaith will now start creating custom IPSW file.
- When it is done, put your iDevice to DFU mode and connect it to your computer.
- Launch iTunes and install the new IPSW file created by iFaith on your iDevice using iTunes.
Please note that if you haven’t saved SHSH blobs and have updated to iOS 7.1 then unfortunately there is no solution for you to downgrade to iOS 7.1. The only option in that case is to wait for Team Evad3rs to release iOS 7.1 untethered jailbreak.