Finally the CM11 based Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 smartphone. We will cover a detailed guide about how to install this latest KitKat based custom ROM on S4 I9500 here today. Though nothing can be said about official 4.4 KitKat update for S4 I9500 but thanks to XDA developers for releasing this custom ROM so users can rely on it until the official update is out. We have already compiled a list of Android phones to get Android 4.4 KitKat update and Galaxy S4 I9500 is in the top of the list.
This CM11 Android KitKat ROM for Galaxy S4 I9500 is based on stock Android which means that this is free from bloatwares and bugs and you will get pure stock Android experience like Nexus devices on your Galaxy S4. As this is free from bloat, so you can expect great improvement in your phone performance especially in speed. Don’t know how to install it? No worries, we will guide you step by step on how to install CM11 android 4.4 KitKat ROM for Galaxy S4 I9500. Please keep one thing in mind that this is a custom ROM so you need to have your S4 rooted before you can install it.
How to Install CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for Galaxy S4 I9500
We want you to fulfill few requirements before proceeding with tutorial. Once these requirements are fulfilled, you have my permission to install Android 4.4 KitKat on Galaxy S4 I9500.
- First of all you need to have your mobile phone charged. It should have atleast 80% charge remaining.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone from Settings –> Manage Applications –> Development –> USB Debugging.
- The most important one: Back up all your important data like contacts, SMS, emails etc.
- Download the latest USB Drivers for your Android Device from manufacturer official website.
Done? Ready to start the installation process? Well, go through the simple steps below:
- First of all download the latest CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for S4 I9500 and place it on your desktop.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and copy the downloaded zip file to phone SD card.
- Now Turn OFF your S4 I9500 and get it into recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons” for few seconds until you see Android logo.
- Now in recovery mode, select “Wipe data/Factory reset” option first so the previous ROM is deleted.
- Now select the “Wipe Cache partition” option to wipe the cache.
- Go back to main recovery window and select Advance and then select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Back to main recovery window again and this time select “Install ZIP from sdcard” followed by “choose zip from sd card” and browse for the transferred zip file.
- Now installation of CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat rom will get started. Once the installation is finished, reboot your phone and please note that your phone might get more time to boot for the first time after rom installation so nothing to worry about.
- Successfully installed CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat rom on Galaxy S4 I9500? If yes then enjoy otherwise let me know about your problem in comments so I can help you out.